Friday, January 5, 2018

Flying above the clouds with the DJI Spark




Earlier this week I took the DJI Spark out to fly up near Mt. St. Helens. I got some amazing footage from above the clouds (which was scary to film!), as well as of the Toutle River flood plain created behind the Sediment Retention Dam.






I made this panorama from stitching together video footage taken with the Spark.

Mist rolling across the dam.

The photos here were all taken from video footage from the Spark, so the resolution isn't great. I'm working on a technique for creating much higher resolution images, and am hoping to publish a tutorial describing the process some time in the next few weeks. I'm also working on creating more aerial videos, a first impressions video for the Spark, as well as other tutorials, and eventually a full review of the Spark.